1) Community Family Life Services | URL: CFLSDC.org
Provides transitional housing for families. Happy to receive homemade blankets. Prefers variety of types, so clients can select what best suits them.
Contact: Kelly Barry, Manager of Development, email@example.com or 202-347-0511 ext. 415.
Blankets donated: 88.
2) Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area | URL: LSSNCA.org
They have two primary groups in need of blankets. They will take as many as we are willing to give:
- Refugees: Resettle about 250-300 refugees each year, so the blankets would be very useful for helping furnish their new apartments and making them feel more “homey.” For this program, the blankets could be made of any material.
- Teens & Young Adults with HIV/AIDS: Newly expanded program with teens and young adults with HIV/AIDS. The teens will be participating in weekend leadership retreats in a camp setting. Because of the setting, flannel is probably the best material.
Contact: Summer Parrish, Director of Development and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-698-5026 ext. 138.
Blankets donated: 120.
3) Habitat for Humanity | URL: Habitat.org
Build homes for families. Provided blankets for a family moving into a home built for them by Habitat for Humanity.
Contact: Pauline Anunciacion, Pilgrim Lutheran Church.
Blankets donated: 4.